Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:35:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: In cairo, implicit depenencies on librsvg2 and/or poppler?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> I have fixed Deluge port by add librsvg2 dependency, so if one of port
> that you have installed have SVG file or whatever then this port need to
> add librsvg2 dependency.
>
> But if this port has no SVG file and is a image viewer or graphic editor
> application, then user will have to install librsvg2 on their own or you can
> add an OPTION for that to show users that it is need for SVG file.

Yeah, it sounds like this needs to happen on an application basis, but the
problem is that in the one case that I followed through on locally, even
with librsvg2 installed it still wouldn't render SVG images until I
rebuilt cairo. That seems very incestuous to me, it would be nice if we
could find a way to break that loop.

Doug