Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 21:58:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mitch James <mitchj@hardware.com>
To:        Jeffrey Auerbach <jauerbac@panix.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10.2.2.2 network

Hi Jeff,

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Jeffrey Auerbach wrote:
> I have a 2 node network.  On this network my freebsd machine is connected to the net via dial up ppp(static address). My other machine connects to freebsd machine via ethernet.  I have tried unsuccessfully to get out to the net on this second win95 machin
> I can ping my freebsd machine, but the win95 machine cannot see past it or receive any packets from it.. I looked on the Fbsd web pages and their explanation of win95
> and freebsd doesn't suit my situation.  Can anyone offer advice?

I have the same combination of systems at home too. I tried to make it work
without luck untill some nice person on the mailing list mentioned a hack
to pppd by Charles Mott.  Take a look at URL:
http://www.srv.net/~cmott/alias.html
Download ppp+pktAlias1.6.tar.gz unpack it, RTFM, make the changes the
README.alias tells you to make.

I did look into SOCKS5 and yes it will work too. It seemed like a little
industrial strength for what I wanted to start with. I do plan to use it
down the road however.
Cheers,
Mitch

 Mitch James--Poulsbo, Wa.          Living near Latte' land
 mitch@hardware.com               James Lumber & Ace Hardware
 http://www.hardware.com/   http://www.hardware.com/complist.html