Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:46:15 -0400
From:      Alvaro Carvajal <alvaro@cantv.net>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, leif@neland.dk, steve@cioe.com
Subject:   Re: Email Question (splitting e-mail hosts?)

At 04:20 PM 16/04/1999 -0500, Steve Ames wrote:

>Won't work will it?
>
>/etc/mail/virtusertable:
>
>@domain.com	dummyaccount
>
>/etc/aliases:
>
>dummyaccount:	localpop, remotepop@remotepop.com
>
>This forwards all of the email to a single user account on
>remotepop. The desired result would be that email coming
>in for * would do the following
>
>*@domain.com -> localpop
>
>and
>
>*@domain.com -> *@remotepop.com

Well, you can always add Perl to the picture, and redirect the
alias to a local POP account and to a perlscript that will redirect
it to the remote user's Exchange server.

Something like:

virtusertable:
@domain.com -> localalias

aliases:
localalias: localpop, "|/usr/local/bin/my_redirection_script.pl"

The script would then re-send its stdin to the address it finds
on the To: header line.

The sad part is that you have to code it ;)

-alvaro