Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:13:32 -0700
From:      "exalted!mike" <mikeg@netillusions.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   CHAP - PPP

i seem to have chap problems whlie ppping
my ppp.conf is basically setup with all the usual stuff, my
chap authname/authkey is set, chap is enabled.
after dialing it manually(using term -> at -> atdt#####), it gives me a
login, after logging in, it gives me a prompt,
cas1>
typing ? will give me a list of commands like activate, enable, login,
mtrace, ping, ppp, slip.
after typing PPP and waiting for a while, ppp would go into packetmode and
disconnect shortly. after viewing log files, i have discovered that the CHAP
respond failed, and that my response was my username in plaintext(i think
its supposed to be like that), i dont remember anything about CHAP, i very
much doubt that i even used chap, but disconnecting CHAP doesnt work either,
i downloaded and installed the /des directory and recompiled PPP still with
no avail. im desperate!

i have already tried with msext and lanman enabled