Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:36:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steven Kehlet <kehlet@techfuel.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: weird hangs: networking hosed (except for ping), can switch consoles but can't type

Thanks! :-)  Good questions and I forgot to mention answers to them.
What is weird is there are no hints in /var/log/messages--there are the
normal system messages and then just nothing when the box hangs.

I do have a monitor and keyboard on the box, but unfortunately when you
walk over to it there aren't any weird messages or errors on the screen.
And then--here's the *really* weird part--you can Alt-F1, F2, etc between
virtual console screens but nothing else works--nothing you type shows
up on the screen.  I don't know if Ctl-Alt-Del would work because I have
that turned off in the kernel (too many NT admins near my box...  ;-) ).

Steve

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:08:05 +0200
> From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
> To: Steven Kehlet <kehlet@techfuel.com>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG