Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 14:19:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Wheat <jeff@tad.cetlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MT OFFLINE not ejecting tapes

Just installed an Archive 4586 tape changer and I am unable to get
mt offline to eject tapes from the drive back into the magazine.
All chio commands are working as expected, as is the drive is dumping
and restoring. I need to get this to work with amanda-2.4.0.3's
seagate-changer program. I have yet to find the problem and I am
really needing to find a solution soon. The hardware config is
an adaptec 2940uw scsi controller and archive 4586np drive running
under freebsd 2.2.2. Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Jeff

  Jeff Wheat                  jeff@cetlink.net             Senior Engineer
  CETLink.Net Inc.             South Carolina              +1.803.327.2754