Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:41:18 +0200
From:      Andrea Franceschini <andrea.franceschini@postecom.it>
To:        Emanuel Haupt <emanuel.haupt@cablecom.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Evo N600c, docking station

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 04:04:11PM +0200, Emanuel Haupt wrote:
> I have a Compaq Evo N600c laptop running 5.0-RELEASE-p6.  It works fine
> until I put it in the docking station.  Then it can't detect the
> keyboard (lila ps/2 plug attached to docking station).
>
> It works fine in the boot loader but not once FreeBSD starts up. Anyone
> had the same problem?
>
> Just for your information, i had to disable acpi.
>
> $ cat /boot/loader.conf
> hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
>
> My kernel config can be seen at:
> http://www.critical.ch/browse/freebsd/PARAMECIUM
>
> My dmesg can be seen at (loged in with another computer):
> http://www.critical.ch/browse/freebsd/dmesg.txt
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Emanuel
>
> --
> Emanuel Haupt                        Unix System Administrator
> Cablecom GmbH, Systems Operation Center, Phone +41 1 846 59 34

I had the same problem with my 4.7,I resolved setting the flag NO_RESET on atkbd driver:

 Driver Flags
     The atkbd driver accepts the following driver flags.  They can be set
     either in the kernel configuration file (see config(8)), or else in the
     User Configuration Menu at boot time (see boot(8)).

     bit 0 (FAIL_IF_NO_KBD)
           By default the atkbd driver will install even if a keyboard is not
           actually connected to the system.  This option prevents the driver
           from being installed in this situation.

-->     bit 1 (NO_RESET)
           When this option is given, the atkbd driver will not reset the key-
           board when initializing it.  It may be useful for laptop computers
           whose function keys have special functions and these functions are
           forgotten when the keyboard is reset.

     bit 2 (ALT_SCANCODESET)
           Certain keyboards, such as those on some ThinkPad models, behave
           like the old XT keyboard and require this option.

Hope it help.

Bye