Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 10:05:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: want your comments

> >hello
> >
> >i just want to ask around for pros's and con's of the following things
> >i plan to commit:
> >
> >* /usr/bin/newsyslog - this automates the "rotation" of the log files
> >  and can replace our "rotation by hand" in the
> >  /etc/[daily,weekly,monthly] scripts - it is invoked via cron each our
> >  (the entry is there - but we don't have a newsyslog) and can be
> >  configured via a /etc/newsyslog.conf file (where you may adjust how
> >  often and/or after which size the files should be rotated, how many
> >  old versions should be keeped and if they should be compressed using gzip)
> >  this would include the adaption of the /etc/[daily, ...] scripts
> >  (taken from NetBSD)
>
>    Since this will only be run by the superuser, it should go in /usr/sbin.

ok - i agree - it should go to /usr/sbin

                                                  __||
 Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||       thomas graichen
 longer anything to add, but when there   __||      freie universitaet berlin
 is no longer anything to take away   __||              fachbereich physik
                                  __||
 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||
 ___________________________||____email: graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de____