Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:40:42 +0100
From:      lupe@lupe-christoph.de (Lupe Christoph)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Exploits found in FreeBSD 4.10's ports tree.

On Wednesday, 2004-12-15 at 17:03:59 -0800, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> This made it to Slashdot today,

I can't find anything resembling this on Slashdot. Can you please
provide a link to the article?

> but what they didn't mention is that the
> xploits were found in FreeBSD 4.10's ports tree (at least the few that I've
> checked):

> http://tigger.uic.edu/~jlongs2/holes/

A traceroute to tigger.uic.edu fails after 31-35.gw.uic.edu
(128.248.246.174).

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |