Date:      Sat, 01 May 2004 17:27:24 +0300
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: system priorities

Daniel Eischen wrote:

>It looks like rtprio will set the priority of the first
>KSEG in the proc's list of KSEGs.  This isn't necessarily
>the first KSEG created (main).  In fact, newly created
>KSEGs get inserted onto the head of the list, so rtprio()
>may act on different KSEGs depending on if it is called
>before or after any KSEG creations.

This sounds like a bug. Could it change the KSEG which called the rtprio
so there would be some deterministic behaviour to the rtprio if used in
threaded program? So I take it from this that rtprio is also broken for
libthr?

>I would really like a Solaris-like priocntl() so that you
>can specify which KSEG (or whatever thing that will hold
>the priority in the future) to act on.

I fail to understand the value of being able to point to other threads
for priority setting? Or are you talking about a facility which would
exist below the rtprio call?

Pete