Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:51:18 +0100
From:      'Sam Eaton' <sam@fqdn.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ukbd0 from dell DRAC5 remote access controller

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 12:53:21AM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> >>pe1# kbdcontrol -K < /dev/console
> >>kbd0
> >>    kbdmux0, type:AT 101/102 (2)
> >>pe1# kbdcontrol -a kbd0 < /dev/kbdmux0
> >>/dev/kbdmux0: Device busy.
> >>pe1# kbdcontrol -a kbd1 < /dev/kbdmux0
>
> Actually I'm surprised you were able to get dmesg(8) output.  What did you
> do, boot into the 2nd stage boot-loader and then set the console to serial
> console or just manual copy/paste transcribe?

I've got a local console on the box, plus ssh working :)

> I have the unfortunate situation of having lots of these machines remotely
> installed and deployed with DRAC setup with which I planned to do the
> remote install of FBSD, but this bug is a serious show stopper.

Urgh, I feel your pain.  The remote virtual CD stuff works nicely, and I
can boot other OSes fine that way, but the keyboard is toast once
freebsd boots.

> Moreover, the whole ActiveX client dependency is really absurd.  Does
> anyone have the client working in FreeBSD/Linux/POSIX?  Firefox anything
> even? I could deal with Java for remote console on DRAC4.

I gave up and used IE on windows to access it :/

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".