Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 15:43:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jon Misc <jcoffman@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X refuses to start

	Hello.  I'm relatively new to FreeBSD and X and I've run into some
trouble.  A few days ago, I installed X on my computer and configured it
to start at boot time.  It worked fine for a couple of days, but
yesterday, I booted FreeBSD and got as far as the text login screen.  When
X tried to start, the screen blanked as usual, but I never got the X login
screen.  Instead, it was blinking between the text screen and nothing at
all.  There was hard disk activity but no X.  My question (about time for
it, huh? :) is:  Can anyone tell me what's causing it and how to fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Here are the specs on my computer:
Pentium processor with a clock speed of 150MHz
16MB of RAM
a 2.16 GB Samsung hard drive (I don't remember the model #) with a 500MB
partition for FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE and the rest for Win95
The monitor is a generic SVGA monitor
and the video card is a Trident TD 9680P

If this is not enough info, let me know.  Thanks again.

					Jonnie Coffman