Date:      15 Jun 2002 01:02:56 +0200
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Peter Schultz <peter@jocose.org>, freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG

Am Fr, 2002-06-14 um 23.03 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 16:51, Peter Schultz wrote:
> > I just noticed that this list only has the current week's messages
> > archived on freebsd.org.  I thought I might be able to find the answer
> > to my question there.  I recently installed evolution and now I don't
> > get the gnome2 desktop.  How can I have all of gnome installed and have
> > gnome2 be my main desktop?
>
> Currently, most of the applications in the tree are GNOME 1.4 based
> applications, and will pull in all of the GNOME 1.4.x desktop.  Your
> best bet for getting things going right now is to install all of your
> GNOME 1.4 stuff, then uninstall all of the ports listed in the gnome2
> meta-port.  Then, install the gnome2 meta-port.  This sucks for things
> like portupgrade, but hopefully that will be fixed soon when GNOME 2.0
> is officially released.

I'm know that i maybe miss the point but as gnome2 user every time
before i do an update or new install of a gnome1-port i'm adding the
following lines at the top of my bsd.gnome.mk:

.if defined(WITHOUT_GNOME) && defined(USE_GNOME)
.undef USE_GNOME
USE_GNOMELIBS=yes
.endif

WITHOUT_GNOME=yes should be defined in /etc/make.conf.

franz.

--
WEBONAUT.com
http://webonaut.com