Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 1996 15:45:06 GMT
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        root@unb15.CAmpus.unal.EDU.co
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What ever happened to WAIS?

Pedro:
>I know it`s an old protocol, but my CD is supposed to have it and I can`t
>find it. Furthermore, I couldn`t compile it and the SCO version is unable
>to find terminfo.
>Does anyone know the correct CFLAGS? Is WAIS access included in CERN`s
>httpd and in lynx?

Wais is in ports/net/wais and might not be the latest and greatest version.
It is the CNIDR WAIS version 0.3, and I ported it to FreeBSD in order to get
waisgn (from ports/net/gn) to build.

Everyone:
If there is a better version of WAIS for general use and someone wishes to
port it, I will fold the present version into the GN port to make room.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>