Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2017 16:17:00 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: RPi2 snapshot for armv7 won't boot.

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 03:51:17PM -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:
> I had previously tried to upgrade my RPi2 12.0-CURRENT system from armv6
> to armv7, but it then refused to boot.

Was this done self-hosted, or using crochet? I've been trying for weeks
(months?) to make the armv6-armv7 transition on a self-hosted system,
without even getting it to finish buildworld, much less boot. If you
are self-hosting please describe what you did to make it work as far
as it did.

> This time I downloaded the
> latest snapshot (r325156 from 20171030) and it also refuses to boot for
> exactly the same reason.  In every case the kernel loads, but then it
> reports that init has died, and then panics and drops into kdb.  It
> gives a stack backtrace, but that doesn't mean anything to me.
>

> Is this just me, or is anybody else having this problem?  If others have
> the problem, is there some workaround to get it working?

I'd be curious to know as well.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska