Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:57:19 -0700
From:      Karl Young <karly@kipshouse.org>
To:        Allen <bsd_atog@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Simple" Languages in FreeBSD

Allen(bsd_atog@comcast.net)@2016.07.01 14:22:50 -0400:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 12:41:58 -0400
<snip>
> Eventually I want to learn C,

I'm going to be the contrarian here.  If you want to learn C, start with
C, (C, *not* C++), just start with something simple, and keep building
on it.

Any book that say you can learn a programming language in 24 hours (or
21 days: <http://abstrusegoose.com/249>), is probably not going to be
helpful.  If you already have hundreds of books, you probably have a
copy of "The C Programmiing Language by Kernighan and Ritchie
(The White Book)".

Take as long as it takes to do all the exercises in the book.  When you
get stuck, get help, and stick with it.

One Day at a Time.

Good Luck

-karl