Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:50:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Mobile List)
Subject:   Multiple system configs

	I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 Stable on my Toshiba Tecra 500CDT. It
	works great! Thanks to all the developers, especially those of the PAO
	stuff.

	I have configured it to be a co-operative member of my home LAN (NFS
	DNS gateway etc). Now I have a problem. When I take it off the networks
	(it *is* a portable you know). It really won't even boot up correctly.

	It seems to me that what I need is a choice early in the boot up
	process of at least 2 sets of various config files. One would be for
	use on my LAN, and the other would be for free standing machine.
	Potentially I might need third for the network at work.

	Before I go forth to tackle this project I thought I would ask for the
	people on this lists thoughts on this subject. as anyone done this?
	Where in the boot process should I put this choice? Is there way to do
	this using BootEasy?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955