Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2017 02:33:08 +0000
From:      Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie@dyslexicfish.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        jamie@catflap.org
Subject:   Freebsd 11 - /usr/bin missing [xl]zgrep/zegrep/zfgrep

I've just noticed that the hard links for xzgrep / xzegrep / xzfgrep / lzgrep / lzgrep / lzfgrep
are missing from my source-built FreeBSD 11 release.

I've tracked it down to a commit almost 2 years ago..

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/usr.bin/grep/Makefile?r1=277939&r2=284345&pathrev=315687

Am I really the first to notice, or am I missing something here?

Unless bsdgrep is set to be installed as "grep" (instead of GNU grep), these 6 hard links,
and associated manual page hard links are not created.

Cheers, Jamie