Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:10:28 -0500
From:      Mikel King <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        Noah K Sematimba <ksemat@wawa.eahd.or.ug>
Cc:        Edward Shabotinsky <lanshark@bsinet.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please recommend Web based email port

Noah K Sematimba wrote:

>>You can try openwebmail
>>http://turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw/openwebmail/
>>very nice and have a lots of pluggins
>>

>don't knwo about any plugins... also it does not support Maildir/ format
>and when I last checked does not use pop3 or imap... i.e. seems to require
>the interface to be on the same machiena s the mail server itself.
>
>Noah.

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

Check into http://www.phpgroupware.org/ It's stupid easy to install for
the most part. and comes bundled with a whole host of feature that I
haven't seen anywhere else. I use it with apache1.3, MySql & php4, but
you can easily deploy it on postgres, or ldap... For IMAP I use uw, but
you can use curier it really doesn't care. I can certainly see why they
are calling it the exchange killer...In any event they have a couple of
demo sites up so you should prabaly give it a test drive.

--
Cheers,
Mikel