Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 15:56:36 +0200
From:      "Danny Carroll" <fbsd@dannysplace.net>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org>, "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: SMP Proliants and Smart2 Array controllers. (Was: Proliant on a6500) - Solution

I must humbly give thanks to those that have offered suggestions...  I found
the solution...
Of course it was teh "Full Table - Mapped" setting.

My only excuse is that I discounted this as I heard of (a PR) someone with
the same issue on almost identical hardware saying that these settings made
no difference.

For list completeness, make sure that the following settings are in bios.

OS - Win2k  (Others work too).
APIC - "Full Table-Mapped"

Also, in the ACU I found that the logical drive max boot partition needed to
be set so that the drive geometry was within BSD's limits...  8Gb boot
partition was the one I needed.  The symptiom was not being able to label
the whole drive...

-D
Time to see how fast this baby compiles world :)