Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:47:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: building stable with mcpu=ev56 option

sorry, I just was trying to find out what it can be the cause of my ppp
program crashing... since I added
mcpu=ev56 in make.conf and I installed STABLE I was wondering if
-mcpu=ev56 could be a problem.
Anyway ppp crashes when ppp_nat is enabled and trying to look the core
with gdb it finds the problem in the libalias routines.
ppp crashes if I connect to the Internet from my LAN At home using my
MIATA as a gateway (ADSL). If I disable ppp_nat everything works fine and
it won't crash.  I Also noticed ppp crashes always when I make web
browsing on some particular www site, it does not crash for every connection
I make from my internal LAN. IR happens randomly and this is terrible, I
have to restart ppp every time to reconnect via ADSL. I Actually did a sh
script which restarts ppp everytime it crashes but it is a poor
solution...

thank you a lot for your interest

Rick