Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      yossman <yossman@yoss.canweb.net>
To:        John Preisler <john@helium.vapornet.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

i've just been looking and i haven't found any either.  just to be cute i
linked ~root/.rhosts to /dev/null. ;)

yossman

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, John Preisler wrote:

> I'm not convinced that FreeBSD installs a /root/.rhosts by default.
> None of my boxes have it.
>
> -jrp

Yossarian Holmberg (yossman)             yossman@canweb.net
System Administrator, National Online    http://www.canweb.net/~yossman/
my statements are my own, not my employer's -- i do not speak for them.

'... and if i die, before i learn to speak .. can money pay for all the
days i've lived awake but half asleep?' -- Primitive Radio Gods,
"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"