Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 14:12:39 -0700
From:      "David Fuchs" <dfuchs@uniserve.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   VIPW error 126

--Regarding FreeBSD-3.4-Stable--

I'm having a little trouble when using vipw to modify my master.passwd file.
Before I continue, this is the output I'm receiving:

vipw: pico: Unknown error: 126
vipw: /etc/master.passwd: unchanged

I've got my EDITOR variable set to pico, but vi produces the same result.  I
receive the result
whether I modify the master.passwd file or not..

I can still use pwd_mkdb to compile the master.password database, but that
doesn't mean that
I'm about to give up on vipw.  I haven't made any major changes to the
system that I can recall,
the problem started after a recent reboot.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
-David Fuchs

ICQ#: 28919790
Email: dfuchs@uniserve.com