Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2015 00:07:23 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Brendan Sechter <sgeos@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Recommended WiFi / Bluetooth modules for embedded ARM projects?

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 02:22:10AM +0900, Brendan Sechter wrote:
> I am looking for thoughts, opinions and recommendations regarding WiFi / Bluetooth modules for embedded ARM FreeBSD projects.  My requirements are 802.11ac / Bluetooth 4.0.  The ideal module is low cost, works with minimal effort and also has a USB dongle approximation for early stage development.

I'd bought some nano WiFi USB on AliExpress marketed for Rasberry usage.
They are Ralink RT5390 based, but I only used it for some small tests
on a Wandboard, since a Wandboard is what I currently use as a lab
gadged and the wandboard internal isn't supported by FreeBSD yet.
Bluetooth USB isn't a real problem - most cheap should work.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de