Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:19:16 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Kenneth Merry <ken@housing1.stucen.gatech.edu>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: possible bug

Hi,

>	I ran into this while compiling the perl5 port tonight.  This
>little C program is part of the Configure script:
>	In single processor mode, it runs just fine.  When I activate the
>second processor and run the program, though, it crashes the machine. (i.e.
>no keyboard or mouse input works, everything is hung)  It doesn't (or at
>least hasn't for me) produce a crash dump.  (haven't had time to enable
>DDB and try to trace it there..)

I can reproduce the same result here, total lockup.  Don't have time to pursue
it now..., but thanx for the report!

Along this line (FLOAT bugs in SMP) I decided to start X11 and run ico
(X11R6/contrib/programs/ico).  I was able to run 3 simultanious copies
for several hours without problems.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD