Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:14:18 +0000
From:      Michael Scheidell <michael.scheidell@secnap.com>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>, Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: multimedia/zoneminder: rc script runs mysql commands?

 We have the same problem with a commercial product. Is the user decided to=
 pull a black cord Instead of a soft shut down, the next time a power it up=
, sometimes there is a race conditions between time out on the services tha=
t are looking to a running sequel server, and the database recovery. rc ord=
ering is a good way to at least give me a hint which 1 needs to start first=
 but has everyone has observed, it in a bit self cannot guarantee this serv=
ice is running. you could do something funky with wait pid but you might no=
t want the system to hang waiting for everything to start. some kind of pas=
sive wait loop 2 seconds wait loop 4 seconds wait loop 10 seconds wait loop=
e 60 seconds wait loop 120 seconds but this is not a free bsd porting issue=
. Uostream would
 need to look at it.