Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:05:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Scarpinzicci <chris@unix-fu.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware suggestions

Hi folks,

    I'm looking into building a server for purposes basically of webservering and mysql, and I'm looking for suggestions as far as what type of hardware works best with FreeBSD for these purposes, where I'll get the best performance out of it.  Yes, I know there is the HCL, but I'm looking for opinions, not what's listed to just work. :)  Right now I was looking for a 2U chassis with redundant power, but I haven't seen any that have 450W redundant power yet, and as far as I know, I'll need a minimum of 400W with dual Athlon MPs.  Any opinions and URLs to suggested vendors are welcome.

    Thanks for the information in advance,

Chris