Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:56:24 -0600
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.0 Install went smoothly!

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you *all* know that my installation of
the 2.1.0-RELEASE went quite smoothly on the spare machine!
I'll give it a couple days of shake out while I backup the Real
Machine, and convert over.  A good job!  A special thanks to
Jordan for a fine installation process too.

Minor notes were:

- During boot's "-c" config, leaving "visual" screen, I expected to go
  back to the normal "-c" screen.  No problem, just unexpected.  Dunno.

- I wasn't sure what a "normal partition" was to be compatible with
  other OSes on a disk after I hit "A" for a total disk layout.  What
  was I doing before when I selected "A"?  [Did that English right? :-]

- Why does the default FreeBSD file system layout place /var in its own
  filesystem?  Is this one of those subtle sysadmin issues I've zoned?

- Any chance of keeping a running total of the sizes while checking
  off the "I want [this] and [this]" items?

- I pondered some of the "Do you wnat <some> option enabled?" screens.
  Was it going to do more than just set the right sysconfig option?  Hmm...
  Like, at some point (in the future), I'd like to enable and use Samba.
  Should I say yes now?  I'm currently NOT prepared to answer more questions
  about it, or actually install/config it.  Can I answer "Yes"?  Will it
  also do *other* config things?  Dunno.  Better "No" it for now...

- Nit: "Congradulations" is spelled "Congratulations".  Sigh.

Congratulations on a fine install!

jdl