Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:50:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Heffner <mheffner@mailandnews.com>
To:        bsd@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: local firewall rules

On 13-Apr-2000 Brian Dean wrote:
  | If nobody minds, I'd like to commit this change.  However, if there's
  | another "proper" way that I should have done this, please let me know.
  | I don't think putting these in /usr/local/etc/rc.d is sufficient,
  | since that's the very last thing to run, and thus there is a window
  | where traffic that you would normally block would be free to pass
  | through the firewall.

I'm all for it. I have a similar situation; I run a script, instead of
inputting to ipfw. One note, should the ${firewall_flags} and maybe
${firewall_quiet} be sent as args to the script?

 * Mike Heffner <spock@techfour.net>    *
 * Fredericksburg, VA      ICQ# 882073  *
 * Sent at: 13-Apr-2000 -- 00:41:02 EST *
 * http://my.ispchannel.com/~mheffner   *