Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 14:00:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The SNAP CD..

On Fri, 22 Mar 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

I thought I'd tell folks that WC finally took my order for this today
(they didn't want to admit it existed before), and they charged me $14.95
for the subscription (or will, when they ship it) plus 5 bucks shipping.

Below I include Jordan's origninal post about it.  Now, I just want to
see it shipped ....

> Many people have asked me how to sign up for it, also wondering if
> existing subscribers will get it automatically.  Sorry about
> the absence of such facts in my earlier posting!
>
> Here's the deal:
>
> Existing subscribers will *not* get these SNAP CDs by default - we
> felt that most had subscribed with the intention of getting major
> releases, not just any FreeBSD related CD we decided to make, so it's
> a separate subscription.
>
> Second, you can subscribe or order the single CD by sending mail to
> orders@cdrom.com or calling:
>
>  +1 800 786-9907 (toll-free in the US & Canada)
>  +1 510 674-0783 (international)
>  +1 510 674-0821 (FAX orders)
>
> You can also order on-line using http://www.cdrom.com
>
> HOWEVER, please bear in mind that we don't even have an ad code for
> this yet and the salesperson you get may respond with blank
> incomprehension when you first mention that you want the FreeBSD SNAP
> CDROM (and not the regular one, which they may try to sell you - make
> this clear!).
>
> If everyone could wait about a week before ordering, this would be
> even better and I probably let the cat out of the bag just a _bit_ too
> soon, but the truly impatient among you can almost certainly get a
> back-order for it in now if you're simply careful to make it plain to
> the sales person what it is you want.  I'll also send a message to
> sales to try and make it clear just what's going on here.
>
> Finally, the 2.2-960321-SNAP will be officially released on
> ftp.cdrom.com in about 3 hours (March 22nd, 0400 PST).  When you see
> the DONT_GRAB_THIS_YET file go away, it's ready.
>
> 					Jordan

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.