Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:59:15 -0400
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        "Timothy S. Bowers" <tim@nol.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOS attack ?

from xl(4):

  xl%d: no memory for rx list  The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for
  the receiver ring.

You want to increase the "NMBCLUSTERS" kernel config variable.  See the
archives for appropriate values/etc.  It's not necessarily a DOS attack,
your machine is just getting a lot of traffic.

-pete

++ 14/06/01 22:20 +0200 - Timothy S. Bowers:

--
Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Databits Network Services, Inc. <http://databits.net>;