Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 03:40:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@housing1.stucen.gatech.edu>
To:        jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xntpd and SMP?

John Hay wrote...
> Is there anyone using xntpd on SMP machines? We have a few dual-Pentium
> machines that were running FreeBSD-UNI for the past few months and
> xntpd was running fine on it. We upgraded them to 3.0-SMP a week or
> so ago and from then on xntpd can't seem to stay in sync. I have tried
> using the kernel PLL and without it, it does not seem to make a difference.

	I'm running xntpd on my machine, and haven't noticed any problems.

here's the configuration:

FreeBSD r74h118.res.gatech.edu 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Wed May 28 22:49:27 EDT 1997 ken@r74h118.res.gatech.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/panzer  i386

SMP kernel
ASUS P/I-P65UP5 w/ C-P6ND (i.e. dual P6)
ntp server:  ntp1.gatech.edu

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry