Date:      Sun, 09 Nov 1997 12:21:22 -0700
From:      Andras Balogh <baloandr@cwis.isu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing ports

I have a PC with Win95 + newly installed "minimal" FreeBSD.
I still do not have internet connection from under FreeBSD,
but somehow I managed to download the ports.tgz file from under Win95
and copy it under FreeBSD.
For the ports the regular "make install" procedure does not work
anymore, because
I uncompressed and "un-tared" the whole thing.

Could anyone tell me if I can still continue with the installation of
ports,
or do I have to start from the tgz file again?

Thanks, Andy Balogh