Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:42:05 +1000
From:      Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@mail.theinternet.com.au>
To:        Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best alternative to asp

+-------[ Erich Zigler ]----------------------
| On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 03:49:27PM -0600, Forrest W. Christian wrote:
|
| > They are not interchangable.  Thus, you cannot just load Perl::ASP and
| > expect to use a development tool like Macromedia UltraDev and have it work
| > - as ultradev (in asp mode) spits out VBasic stuff.
|
| So what solutions are there for us FreeBSD ISP's to get Traditional ASP code
| running well with our servers?

Sorry I weighed into this one a little late...

Instant ASP, it's a commercial solution.

It's a Java Servlet solution, and it handles VB and JavaScript as the
scripting languages. They have a development copy you can download
and evaluate. They also have connectivity products to allow remote
COM connections (RJAX), as well as a VB to Java convertor.

http://www.halcyonsoft.com/
http://www.halcyonsoft.com/products/iasp.asp

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |