Date:      Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:29:12 +0000
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Tom.Lislegaard@proact.no
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0RC1 - enabling synaptics touchpad freezes machine

Tom.Lislegaard@proact.no wrote:

> I try to enable touchpad support on an Acer Travelmate 8104
> by setting hw.psm.synaptics_support="1" in loader.conf.

I have a synaptics touchpad on a Dell Inspiron.  I've never used the
above (and never had the problems you mention below)...

I add
   hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000"
to my /boot/device.hints file to get it working.

Might give it a try.  Presently running 6.0-STABLE as of this morning...
but the above hint has been working since 5.x days.

HTH

--
Regards,
Eric