Date:      Sat, 11 Feb 1995 21:12:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Terry Lee <terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Need 'updater' as part of install.

Is there any better way to 'update' FreeBSD instead of completely
installing a new system when a snapshot comes out?  This will be
important when Release 2.1 comes out and 2.0 users want to upgrade
right?  Right now I use the installation boot disk and use the fixit mode
to install new snapshots on my existing system.  This of course wipes out
much of my configuration files.  I know I can do a make world after
installing just the src distribution, but of course that takes forever.
The first method also causes down time too.

Any better ways for now?

Terry