Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:10:05 GMT
From:      dpk <dpk@dpk.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/41723: [2TB] on 1TB fs, copying files to filesystem causes "integer divide fault" and panic.

The following reply was made to PR kern/41723; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: dpk <dpk@dpk.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, kreature@c2i.net
Subject: Re: kern/41723: [2TB] on 1TB fs, copying files to filesystem causes
 "integer divide fault" and panic.
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:08:51 -0800 (PST)

 In answer to the above question: This bug still affects the latest version
 of FreeBSD, 5.3-RELEASE. Unfortunately I cannot obtain a core dump due to
 a separate bug involving a miscalculation of the dumpdev size. However,
 the backtrace is pretty similar -- the bug is still in ffs_dirpref:

         maxcontigdirs = min((avgbfree * fs->fs_bsize) / dirsize, 255);

 The above are still 32-bit ints, so I expect that it is probably still
 where the bug comes up.