Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:54:15 -0500
From:      Charles Howse <chowse@charter.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't see FreeBSD machine in Mac's Finder

Hello List,

I have a PowerMac G5, named "larry", which the 'Sharing' tab in System
Preferences tells me that other machines on the network can access as
'larry.local'.

I have a FreeBSD 4.11 machine on the same subnet, named "moe" (no domain
name), with NFS enabled.

I can connect to the FreeBSD machine's share by using "Connect to Server" i=
OS X, but the machine doesn't show up in the Network pane of Finder.

Can anyone point me to some resources where I can find a resolution to this=
?
--=20
Thanks,
Charles=A0