Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:06:23 -0400
From:      "B. Cook" <bcook@poklib.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhcpd.leases not getting populated..

Hello all,

I have about 8 isc-dhcpd3-server installs out there and they all do
everything they are supposed to.. all but one.

And of course it's the most complex of them all, (as compared to the rest)

I have a subnet defined with two pools inside.  The top pool is set to
deny unknown clients; and the bottom pool is set to allow unknown
clients;.  The problem is that the 'bottom' pool (allow unknow) is the
only pool that gets logged to /var/db/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases.

These are my startup options:

# dhcpd
#dhcpd_flags="-q"                            # command option(s)
dhcpd_enable="YES"                          # dhcpd enabled?
dhcpd_conf="/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf"      # configuration file
dhcpd_ifaces="fxp0"                             # ethernet interface(s)
dhcpd_umask="022"                           # file creation mask
dhcpd_chuser_enable="YES"                   # runs w/o privileges?
dhcpd_withuser="dhcpd"                      # user name to run as
dhcpd_withgroup="dhcpd"                     # group name to run as

and my build prefs:
[/var/db/ports]# 42 > cat isc-dhcp3-server/options
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for isc-dhcp3-server-3.0.4_2
_OPTIONS_READ=isc-dhcp3-server-3.0.4_2
WITH_DHCP_PARANOIA=true
WITHOUT_DHCP_JAIL=true
WITHOUT_DHCP_SOCKETS=true
WITHOUT_DHCP_LDAP=true
WITHOUT_DHCP_LDAP_SSL=true
WITH_OPENSSL_BASE=true
WITHOUT_OPENSSL_PORT=true
WITHOUT_DHCP_LQ=true

what I am trying to do is to use dnsmasq with the "-l
/var/db/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases" option to read the leases file and assign
hostnames in dns..

Obviously if I switch the pools the functionality will not be the same..
as allow unknown will be first and everyone will go there :|

We use this range for testing new machines and setting up new machines..

Any help is appreciated.

- Brian