Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:58:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Randy Gobbel <gobbel@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Randy Gobbel <gobbel@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject:   Endianness?? problem in 2.1.125 kernel

I just ran across a message to the LinuxPPC list from someone who is unable to
boot due to sequencer RAM parity errors in a 2.1.125 kernel.  I ran into the
same problem a week ago or so.  I managed to locate the assembler for the
sequencer code (where has it gone?) and rebuilt the sequencer file, and
somewhere in all my gyrations the problem went away.  It seems to me this might
be an endianness problem--though I don't see how, given that the sequencer code
is supplied in a C source file--but in any case, I thought I should at least
mention it.

Sorry about the lack of detail.  I'm not sure how to reproduce this problem,
but it struck me as significant that another PowerPC Linux user had run into
the same problem that I encountered.

-Randy