Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 95 10:04:37 GMT
From:      "gj%pcs.dec.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com" <garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com>
To:        vaughton%tower-unix.city-poly.ac.uk@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Cc:        questions%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: Two problems: printer speed and tcl/tk install... HELP!

> 2.)    I tried to install tcl/tk and XF and whenever I attempt to execute
>       the wish interpreter I get back an error stating unable to initialise
>       "tk_library" whatever that is...
>
>       To install it I unpacked the distribution below /usr/local as the
>       docs seem to suggest. I also ensured that /usr/local/lib was set in
>       the ldconfig path.

I assume you're talking about the package here. I ran into this problem also
and it turned out that the permissions on the library directory were
incorrect (r--r--r--, I think). Just do a +x on the directory, should
fix the problem. I think the library is in /usr/local/lib/term.

This should get fixed in the package, too.

Gary J.