Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 11:38:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GENERIC kernel hangs at boot (uhci-related)

In article <XFMail.010519112246.jdp@polstra.com>,
John Polstra  <jdp@polstra.com> wrote:

> I have a strong suspicion that backing out "sys/pci/uhci_pci.c"
> revision 1.32 will make this problem go away.  I'll test that next.

Yep, I reverted that file to revision 1.31 and the hangs went away
even with the USB IRQ disabled in the BIOS.

The change in revison 1.32 apparently assumes that if no IRQ is
assigned to the uhci device, the only possible reason is because PNP
OS is turned on.  But in my case the actual reason is different -- the
IRQ is disabled in the BIOS.  Is it feasible for the attach routine to
distinguish between these two cases?

John