Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 19:13:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Top at 3xxxxxxxxx.yy

Gary Palmer, On 01-Nov-98 you wrote:
>  Simon Shapiro wrote in message ID
>  <XFMail.981101185136.shimon@simon-shapiro.org>:
> > Right now I'll trade a can of caffeine free diet pepsi for a good hint
> > how
> > to compile XF86.  Or is it XF26?
>
>  You could probably get the clients working relatively easily. The
>  servers are
>  a whole other matter.

The makefiles are generated with syntax errors in them, and the ports
insist on building at least the SVGA server.  I do not care about the
servers right now.

Make output:
rm -f *.CKP *.ln *.BAK *.bak *.o core errs ,* *~ *.a .emacs_* tags TAGS
make.log MakeOut *.core "#"*
cleaning in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/misc...
rm -f DONE
rm -f *.CKP *.ln *.BAK *.bak *.o core errs ,* *~ *.a .emacs_* tags TAGS
make.log MakeOut *.core "#"*
cleaning in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common...
rm -f xf86Init_m.c
rm -f XF86_Mach8.c
rm -f XF86_Mach32.c
rm -f XF86_Mach64.c
rm -f xf86IniExt.c
rm -f xf86MIniExt.c
rm -f *.CKP *.ln *.BAK *.bak *.o core errs ,* *~ *.a .emacs_* tags TAGS
make.log MakeOut *.core "#"*
cleaning in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common_hw...
"Makefile", line 560: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 570: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 571: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 572: Missing dependency operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Looks like some macros get confused someplace.  If you look at the
Makefiles, there is a leading tab missing.  Messing with Imake files is a
good way for me to loose health...  something I have in short supply.

Simon