Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:16:57 -0400
From:      Vasilis Papadiamantopoulos <vp@varchs.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ryzen3-3200G - graphics

Hi all,
I hope yo are all doing well.

I recently built a system with MSI B450 PRO-VDH MAX with a Ryzen-3 3200G =
with Radeon RX Vega 8 (picasso) [APU].
I am running 12.1-RELEASE-p9

I have to tell you that I am a FreeBSD newbie.
I used the handbook and wiki to set up my Xorg and dwm.

See below my installation steps:

# pkg install xorg
# pw groupmode video -m <myuser>
# pkg install drm-kmod
# vi /etc/rc.conf
	kld_list =3D =E2=80=9C/boot/modules/amdgpu.ko=E2=80=9D

% vi /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf
	Section	=E2=80=9CDevice=E2=80=9D
			Identifier	=E2=80=9CCard0=E2=80=9D
			Driver	=E2=80=9Cscfb=E2=80=9D	*
	EndSection

# pkg install dwm
# pkg install dbus
# vi /etc/rc.conf
	dbus_enable =3D =E2=80=9CYES=E2=80=9D

% vi .xinitrc
	# start dwm
	exec dwm

NOTE: With this setting I am able to launch dwm, serf the web and play =
youtube videos.
* I tried Driver =E2=80=9Camdgpu=E2=80=9D
The system gave me an ERROR UNSUPPORTED GPU.
I started up my system with FURYBSD and checked their settings.
This is how I found Driver =E2=80=9Cscfb=E2=80=9D and managed to have =
graphics.

Before buying the processor I read the forums and it seems that the =
2200G is supported.
I assume that as the system doesn=E2=80=99t complain about the amdgpu.ko =
at boot, after an update I will see my screen flickering while loading =
the module.
Now nothing happens when it passes [drm] amdgpu kernel modesetting =
enabled.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it just the chip not supported yet?
If this is the case is there anything that i can do to help with the =
development of this support?

Thank you for your time and effort.
What you do for building and maintaining this high quality software is =
amazing.

Best,

Vasilis Papadiamantopoulos, PhD