Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:40:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the Final EOL Disposition of v2.2.8?

On 27-Jan-99 Wes Peters wrote:
> Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, John Polstra wrote:
>>
>> > Jordan, just tiptoe quietly in and take a snapshot one day, when
>> > nobody is looking.
>>
>> But make sure that the ERRATA items are fixed in it.  And PLEASE remove
>> the three beeps on installation bootup!
>
> No!  That's the only way I know that I've stupidly left CD #1 in the
> drive and the computer set to boot from the CD-ROM.  If he takes out
> those beeps, I'll be forever wondering why XDM didn't launch!  ;^)

Then get rid of one or two.  It reminds me too much of the BIOS diagnostic
beeps.   And XDM wouldn't have launched because the first screen would have
been giving you three choices for kernel configuration :)

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow