Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:59:10 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        ishmael@tranquility.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ensoniq audiopci

R Joseph Wright wrote:

> Ishmael wrote:
> >
> > ok, im new to freebsd, i looked around, but couldnt find out whether the 3.x
> > kernel has support for ensoniq audiopci (es1371).  if it does, what options do
> > i enable in kernel config file to get it?
> >
> > Jeremy
> >
> I have the same card, and tried many solutions to making it work with no
> success.  From what I understand, the ensoniq 1370 is well supported,
> while the 1371 is not.
> So I made the decision to spend $30 dollars for an OSS
> driver(www.4front-tech.com).  It really works, and it makes FreeBSD a
> much friendlier place to have sound :)

	I've got an es1371.  It's been working fine for quite awhile ( well,
it plays my mp3's anyway ).  Originally I got it working through a set
of patches.  These have been brought in to the source tree now.

	I'm running a stock version of -STABLE from this morning and it's
been playing my mp3's just fine.

items from dmesg :

es1: <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x06 int a irq 5 on pci0.13.0
pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xb400
es1371: codec vendor TRA revision 35
es1371: codec features Bass & Treble
es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement

	The only sound related item in my kernel config is :

device  pcm0

	You'll probably have to do a MAKEDEV once you've got this in your
kernel.  Other than that it seems to work fine.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu