Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 20:31:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG (Joseph Koshy)
To:        Tom Beasley <tombeasley@wiredmedia.co.uk>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Document not found - http://www.freebsd.org/news/qnewsletter.html

> We are running freebsd on our server. Wondering if you could recommend some
> newsletter/mailing list software.

"Mailman" and "Majordomo" are popular mailing list managers, available
under "/usr/ports/mail/{mailman,majordomo}".

I'm not sure what you mean by newsletter software.  We write our
newsletters in SGML (Docbook,HTML,etc) and convert the SGML source into
various formats---the documentation project pages
(http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/) explain this process.

The `infrastructure' used to build our website (and the newsletters) can
browsed via CVSWeb: (http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/www/).

HTH,

Koshy
<jkoshy@freebsd.org>