Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:07:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), babbleon@mercury.interpath.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Working PCMCIA/CD-ROM/Modem/ethernet?

> Nate, what happened to the patches for this that I sent you and Soren for
> review?  I never heard anything back on that.  It would be nice to have
> them in the tree soon so that I could re-world my notebook...

As I responded to you, the patches as they stood when you sent them to
me were bogus.  Somewhere in the midst of the bunch of code was the
necessary fix for the modem card support, but alot of the code was also
wrong and/or un-necessary.  Recent Nomad releases have different code
patched, but I haven't looked at it specifically yet.  Until I can get
code that looks good that I have feel 'good' about (ie; looks
maintainable, it won't break 'desktop' sio support, etc..) I'll test it
on both my laptop and desktop boxes.  If it pasts muster I'll commit it
then, and only then.  So far no-one has given me (or Poul/S'ren) such
code, so that's why it's not in the tree. ;)

Nate