Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:43:41 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@caspian.plutotech.com>
To:        Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Unexpected busfree'

>> Also, for some older peripherals I've found that if they detect a pari=
ty
>> error when receiving data they just drop off the bus rather than go to=
 the
>> bother of completing the command first.
>
>The behaviour of those old peripherals does not look that bad to me,
>even if some better one may be possible.

Reporting sense information exonerates the device from your suspect list.=

Without that information, you cannot assume that the device did not
simply lose its mind.  The sense information will also allow you to
attempt to increase the reliability of the connection to the device
by lowering the sync rate or reverting to narrow transfers.

--
Justin