Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:04:08 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com Megahertz 3CCFE574BT

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 11:06:28AM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> I'm trying to do a network install of 4.0-20000712 on a laptop with a
> 3Com Megahertz 3CCFE574BT pccard. Sysinstall asks if I want to usr
> pccard devices for installation, I answer yes and select the default
> in all dialogs, but it doesn't seem to find the card. I have very
> little experience with pccards and have no idea where to begin looking
> for a solution... Does anyone have any ideas?

If the PCIC controller gets detected (you can see it in vty1, IIRC) then
you probably have an irq conflict. Try eliminating any unnecessary drivers
from the boot kernel and changing the irq for pcic and the card's driver.
Unfortunately, I believe you can't set the pcic controller in polling mode
through sysinstall. Can somebody verify this?

-past